Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Be thankful


Another year is nearly over and I cannot believe next week is Thanksgiving!  I must admit this is really my favorite time of year. Nature has painted the landscape with gorgeous earth toned colors of orange, brown, yellow, red and purple. We are  tantalized with the spicy smells of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.  The air is crisp and cool. And there's nothing like cozying up on the sofa, after a long day, with nice hot cup of chai tea.

I know many preparations are under way to accommodate family and friends for Thanksgiving Day. Make your  home inviting and cheerful throughout.

Welcome your friends and family with with a nice arrangement of bittersweet and gourds.

Courtesy of BHG

Set the mood for your entire house. Keep it simple. Drawing inspiration from nature.

Courtesy HGTV

Have lots of soft pillows and and a cozy blanket. Great for those long conversations (or quick naps!)

Courtesy http://www.inspired-design-daily.com

What's more cozy than a fireplace? Here's a great example of a well decorated hearth.

Courtesy http://www.updatedallas.org

The heart of every home is the kitchen!

Courtesy Decorations.net

You need a place to wash your hands!

Courtesy http://www.savvyseasons.com

And a place to eat...
Courtesy http://casa-diseno-blog.com


And now that your belly is full it is time to sleep...

Courtesy TheLennoxx.com

I hope  that everyone takes a moment from their hurry scurry lives, to be thankful, to enjoy the time you have with friends and family, to savor every moment and to enjoy the beauty all around us.





3 comments:

  1. cindy kay sullivan clarkNovember 16, 2011 at 4:41 PM

    oooh love all the cozy and comfy pixs.I think thats a wonderful way to greet family and Friends .I am very thankful for my family and friends.cant wait to see every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I just love Fall colors...so warm and homey...thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! If ONLY I can get my house to look like this!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!