Monday, November 7, 2011

Light me up...

One of my all time favorite collectibles are bird themed items. Artwork, chatkes, linens, etc... It sorta goes with the whole garden/ nature theme thing I have going on in my house. I often ask myself when perusing for avian based goodies--do I REALLY need it? Do I have room for one more? When is it to much of a good thing?  I obviously have NOT reached that point yet, ha! Because check out my newest acquisition from the thrift store in all of its granny-chic glory!




Close up of the detail. The flowers are identical to the lamps in my living room. And the color is only a slight shade variance.




Obviously the lampshade is going to be replaced with something more modern ...like this.


I am going to rewire (better safe than sorry) and all the heavy brass accents will be sprayed in chrome finish to match my other lamps.




I purchased the lamp at Goodwill. Originally $15.00, but it was 50% off day--yay! 
The lamp shade is $19.99 (but I am holding out for a coupon). 
1 can of chrome spray paint $8.99. 
Re-wire kit is $5.50. 
So I am currently looking at $42,  which isn't bad considering a comparable lamp would cost $80.00. 
As soon as it is finished I will post a pic of the after AND see it I can come under my estimated cost of $42





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!