Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peekaboo...I see you

My latest infatuation...Pocket and Barn doors! A great way to provide privacy  without infringing on the footprint of the room. A must for small spaces. Oh how I wish I had doors as cool as these. Door envy is a bad, bad thing!

Glass and paneled pocket doors to a Butlers Pantry. Classic!

Flawless ! (obviously I could never maintain this perfection)
Courtesy www.Decorpad.com
Mirrored pocket door for a bathroom.

What a great way to visually expand the space!
Courtesy www.renovation-headquarters.com
Barn style door for a bedroom. Great choice if you don't want to do construction and retrofit pocket doors.

Love the color! A great juxtaposition of rustic and modern.
Courtesy of  www.Houzz.com
Barn style doors as a window treatment. (I would never cover that view!)

What is not to love!  I love the color, the hardware, and using the doors a display surface.
Courtesy of 
http://adreamhousefortrish.blogspot.com/
Barn style pantry door.
Love the modern linear slats.
Courtesy  http://contentinacottage.blogspot.com

All these doors can be yours with a little creativity and minimal investment. A great place to start would be  architectural salvage yards, antique stores, Habitat for Humanity, and perhaps  family, friends or neighbors could have an old door or extra lumber available.

As for me--I will be busy taking measurements to figure out where I  can possibly install a door like one of these!


4 comments:

  1. cindykaysullivan clarkNovember 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM

    great ideals love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Sullivan MillerNovember 10, 2011 at 4:25 PM

    I love the barn doors more the others look like they slide inside the wall

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ones that slide into the walls are called pocket doors and were common in Victorian homes. I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!