Thursday, December 1, 2011

A little holiday inspiration...

I am feeling a bit blue today. My job is winding down due to our plant closure. Today I had to say good-bye to a few more colleagues as they leave to begin their new lives. Since I really can't afford anymore retail therapy, I decided to look for inspiration in some beautifully holiday decorated homes. 

I adore this! I love to garden and enjoy the playfulness of this display! 
Courtesy Southern Living

How adorable is this? The teddy bear adds just the right amount of whimsy!Simple evergreen topiaries, a wreath, gift wrapped boxes--all create a nostalgic feel of Christmas past. I can just hear the giggles of the children playing in the yard before clamoring for some hot chocolate.
blog.pacificmutualdoor.com

Very simple but effective. I like the natural, out-doorsy look. Gather boughs of evergreen from your yard (or your neighbor's if ask nicely), paint the words Merry Christmas on some MDF  or scrap wood. A very North-woodsy vibe!
http://www.allthingsthrifty.com

This is a clean line, slightly more modern take on the Christmas foyer. Paint plastic or clay pots, add miniature evergreens (real or artificial), tie on a few ribbons, wrap a few empty boxes and voila! instant holiday charm!
inspirationforhome.blogspot.com

This would look adorable in front of a mirror, nestled with couple of hurricane candles.
rudolphday.blogspot.com

Candy in rectangular vases. You could nestle this on a flokati, a scarf or weave garland between the vases.
via BHG

Not only are all of these inspirations festive, anyone can re-create these using what you have or on a minimal budget.  I hope you enjoyed these as much as I did. (And I am so taking notes and stealing some of these ideals!).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!