Monday, January 16, 2012

Dining Room Mood Board



This is the design ideal for my dining room.
The curtains are woodside block print curtain by Urban Outfitters.
Alternate curtain options: Paisley Print Gardenia by Pier 1

I already have my walls painted Smoked Oyster by Valspar as opposed to the depicted wallpaper.
It is really a smokey grey+ beige= greige.


The flooring in Tarket Grande Green linoleum. So far the best deal I have found is $1.59 per ft at Menards.

I have 2 of the Henricksdal chair with Gobo covers from Ikea.

This is my table. A $25 yardsale find. I still need to paint the base a brighter shade of white.


Maybe Foto pendant light from Ikea for $24.99?
I have the Expedit bookcase from Ikea
I have pulled in some of the colors depicted in the mood board with art and accessories.



I think I am on my way to making this the room I envisioned! So what do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Ikea? I think I find something I want (even if we don't need it) everytime I go in there. How do you like those chairs? We thinking of those for the dining room, to add something soft to the room (so it's not so much wood). Also I'm jealous of that mood board. how did you do that? Did you just cut and paste images from online? Or is it literally stuff cut from magazines? Love it! It's going to be so neat when it's done! Can't wait to see how you come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do LOVE IKEA. My daughter and I always say it is THE happiest place on earth! The chairs are good. A little tip is after they are assembled you will want to check them after a few days and re-tighten the bolts. I think they are very comfortable and have had no issues other than animal paw prints on the white covers. But they are easily removed and washable. Oh another tip. Don't pay the extra money for the colored covers. Buy the white ones at$10/ each. Wash and then dye. Much cheaper!

    Wendy from The Shabby Nest actually gave me The Shabby Nest gave me the tip to use Olioboard--which is free. Kinda like a fancier Pinterest. Very addicting! (As IF I needed another addiction, haha) You can browse the "galleries" for inspiration or upload you own. It's nice because you can catalog images with cost, store, descriptors, etc...

    Thanks! I hope to have it completed soon. It won't be exactly like the mood board but close. And that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!