Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Change in Perspective

I woke up feeling a little under the weather today which isn't saying much because the weather is gray, rainy and cold. I am hoping (fingers crossed) I am NOT getting sick! So a nice long hot shower, hot tea, chicken soup and flannel jammies were Dr. orders. Ok-- no Dr. but I played one on TV. I was never on TV. But I always wanted to say that. 


Some days your disposition is gray and gloomy. 

Maybe you don't know what direction to go

Sometimes you feel like you are watching the world pass you by

Sometimes you just want to snuggle on the couch

Sometimes you just want to be left alone to contemplate 

So when you feel emotionally fractured and your enthusiasm for life is dampened

Know that the storm of conflict which burdens you shall pass and things will seem brighter

All you need to do is change your perspective


“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” 
― John Lubbock

So today I was feeling icky. I had no ideal what I was going to write about. All my projects are in varying stages of completion. The weather was dark, gloomy and gray. So was my mood. Then I heard the sweet cardinal song, caught a glimpse of white clouds and blue sky reflected onto my computer screen. I stepped outside to see the sun was shining and little rainbows refracted from the raindrops dripping from the tree branches. I could see the birds hopping to and fro by the feeders. I could hear them chirp and sing their jaunty little melodies. I breathed the air perfumed from from the rain. And I smiled. My bad mood mood and icky feeling dissipated. All I needed was a change in perspective.

Happy Tuesday everyone. 

28 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Grow your blog {blog Hop}! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine--Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very very true.
    Love the pictures.......especially the "peek" of sun behind the weathervane. Lovely capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue--I was so excited that I actually captured that shot. We had blue skies and sunshine for all of 20 minutes today. But what a lovely 20 minutes it was!

      Delete
  4. what an uplifting post! Nicely done. And those are some happy animals. I love that look of contentment on the kitty. I always enjoy when ours sleep like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi First Man--Thank you! Yes my animals are very happy! Very spoiled! But I wouldn't have it any other way!

      Delete
  5. A good reminder...kinda been feeling that way myself lately...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah

    Happy to share and I hope you are in better spirits!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and follow me as well. Also check out our giveaway for a $170 Technogel Pillow if you are interested. Thanks
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! Thanks for commenting and following! Your boys are adorable!. Love the blog name!

      Delete
  8. I came over from the Linky Follower party. I would love to have you follow me back.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very true Tonya. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to remind myself of this daily that I am very fortunate. And that I need to appreciate the environment and people who surround me.

      Delete
  10. Awwww. Hope you're feeling better. Dropping by from the Linky Follower hop, following you now! Hope you have a minute to come by Happy Hour Projects to say hello!

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrianne,

      Thanks for visiting me from the blog hop, commenting and following on Linky! I will bop on over!

      Delete
  11. A beautiful post. Thanks for sharing & visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry! I am glad you stopped by and commented!


      T

      Delete
  12. Hope you're feeling better, Tonya. Lot's going around this winter. I'm visiting from the Blog Hop and am now following you via Linky Followers. I hope you'll pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back.
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn

      Thanks for stopping by and following via Linky!

      Tonya

      Delete
  13. Greetings,

    Glad to hear you are feeling better. It's amazing how a little bit of sunshine can brighten up our day. Thanks for stopping by Magnolia Cottage and following. I am your newest follower. I look forward to following along.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the last photo! I was feeling like that today and I met a friend at the park for lunch. Nothing like a little sunlight to perk you up! Visiting from the Linky Party Hop!! I hope you’ll visit – www.LaughterandGrace.com – and follow back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer

      Thanks for stopping by via the linky hop! I am now following you!

      Tonya

      Delete
  15. Came by and followed you on Linky from Create with Joy's blog hop. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much and have a great day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. visiting and following from the linky party,would be great if you would follow back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Following from Cheri's Linky Follower Party Hop! I'd love for you to follow me also at The Design Confidential - http://www.thedesignconfidential.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!