Monday, February 13, 2012

Funky and Frugal Finds #2

I have decided to make this a regular feature. Every Monday I will feature my latest cache of  funky finds from shopping, thriftin', junkin', flea marketin', dumpster divin', garbage pickin'  and any other manner I acquired something new or new to me!

Check out this sweet and simple pine chest/ toy box. A few tiny dings and scratches, but that just adds character. The hinges and lift arm are in perfect working order. The interior is spotless. It looks (and smells) new. I bought this at Goodwill. Originally marked at $35 but there was a manager special sale and I got it for $22.75 Woo-hoo! I lurrrveeee it! While the color is not my 1st choice (it is a little to orange-y), I am gonna live with it for a while.





This metal cup has a key handle. Kinda quirky!
Vintage Market and Thrift $3
I got a dough bowl!!
Vintage Market and Thrift $16
Not a bad haul this weekend!  The pine chest is going my living room for use as a coffee table. The key cup will look good on my desk to hold pens and the dough bowl is going to sit on my dining room table!


Any good finds you want to share?

8 comments:

  1. What a score on the pine chest. That will look nice in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I love it. It really changed the entire mood of the room. So glad I didn't talk myself out of it!

      Delete
  2. I have one of those chest but mine is cedar and I got it free.. needs a little work like new feet and of course new hardware but I love it last year I used it as a coffee table..great find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I would love to see pics. I love imagining the possibilities!

      Delete
  3. Love your finds. I think the dough bowl is my favorite but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I was so excited when I found it. I couldn't haggle the price because it had just come in that morning and I wanted one for soooooo long. Now I just have to figure out what to put in it. Decisions, decisions!

      Delete
  4. A thrifting gal after my own heart - love that dough bowl! Thanks for following - following in GFC and Linky!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Love your blog! I will post pics as soon as I decided what to put in it!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!