Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A LOVELY DAY for LOVE

Today is Valentine's Day. It is also mine and my hubbs wedding anniversary. 



20 years ago we stood nervously  in judges chambers in front of a few close friends and family. We promised to love and honor each other through good times and bad (yup we have seen both), sickness and health (yep seen enough sickness to last a lifetime) and for richer or poorer (we still haven't seen rich). We were young, in love and invincible.

Fast forward 20 years through 8 moves, 2 houses, 1 kid, 5 jobs, our daughter's wedding, an unspecified amount of weight gain, a few wrinkles, more than  I care to count grey hairs and countless health scares. We're still here. Not quite as young. Still in love (although maybe  slightly jaded at times) and we realize our own mortality.

The hubbs can still make my heart flutter, give me goosebumps and give me a look that tells me it's ok--he's always right there. I always know when I look in his eyes-- he sees ME. The real me. And he loves me. He was the first MAN--not boy--to ask me my hopes, dreams and talk about my fears. He made me laugh when everyone else made me cry. He made me feel safe. He made me feel cherished.

Our marriage is far from perfect. We have said and done things out of anger that has brought our marriage to it's knees. Even through all the anger, and acrimony--we fought -- to hang on. We have changed. Evolved. Grown. I would like to think we are better than we were 20 years ago when we said our I Do's.

20 years later, he can still make me laugh--even when I don't want to. He encourages my dreams. He gives me hope. He qualms my fears. With a look, a simple gesture, a hug-- he transports me to the moment when we first fell in love. He transports me to the moment when I knew it was forever. He transports me to the moment when we stood in front of everyone and proclaimed our commitment.

Thanks Mr. CozyLittleFarmhouse for being my best friend, my confidant, my advocate, and my partner. It has been worth it. I hope we are lucky enough to have 20 more.




12 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that today is your anniversary, and twenty years of love. Congratulations, and a Very Happy Anniversary & Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your husband on your anniversary. What a special day to celebrate 20 years together. I like your blog and wondered if you might want to join my "Your Cozy Home Party". Would love to have you today through Thurs. night at 10 pm EST. Details on my blog.-------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon--Thank you! I would love to join your blog party! I am following you and look forward to reading through your blog. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. This is so sweet! Congrats, and happy anniversary to you! I just found you today, but love your blog. Linky following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I am glad you stumbled upon my blog. Thank you for stopping by, commenting and following! I am now following you via Linky!

      Love the moustache and sunglasses of the mysterious D!

      Delete
  5. I joined your Linky Followers, don't you just hate when you delete something by mistake, sometimes I could just cry when I do that:)
    Happy Valentine's Day, what a great day to get married on...sweet post!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rondell! First I did a double palm face plant when I realized what I had just done. THEN I nearly cried! Thank you for following--AGAIN! Have a Happy Valentines Day!

      Delete
  6. WOW!!!!! That's SO incredibly touching! Congrats! Happy Day to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks 1st Man! My eyes welled with tears when I was writing it. Then when I read it to the hubbs--I blubbered like a baby, haha. He doesn't use the internet (he doesn't really understand computers) and he said you put that on the internet. I said," I did." "Is that ok?" He just smiled, told me he loved me and hugged me until he smushed my glasses. He said "you wrote me a love letter on the internet." I said, "I guess I did" haha

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!