Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sown and Harvest #2

Welcome to my Sunday post dedicated to all things garden, landscape, and plant related.

Fickle weather. The last 2 days it has been brrrrrr coooolllddd. I  AM so OFFICIALLY sick of winter. I need spring. Like a month ago. bleh  Earlier in the week we had a day or so (really more like hours) of Spring-like weather. Even the birds were a bit confused!



Speaking of birds I have a few bird feeders around the yard but my big concrete bird bath was damaged in a storm this past summer.. I am debating if I want another bird bath because I REALLY want a water feature for my yard. I have been on the hunt for water features in my garden/ yard for some time. Regardless of the style I  choose it has to be solar powered.

I went searching the web and these are some of the water features that caught my eye.....

This one looks like stone but is actually resin priced at  $122.95. And it is sold only as solar powered.
Wishing Well Rustic Solar Garden Water Fountain 12841
http://www.fitsmybudget.com/Wishing-Well-Rustic-Solar-Garden-Water-Fountain-12841-p-29750.html

Not exactly  a birdbath but I am sure the birds would enjoy it. These are ceramic glazed pots and I LOVE the blue glazing! $129.95
blue ceramic solar water fountain
http://indoorfountainsonline.com/solar_fountains.html

I LOVE  this! This could be a great ideal for me to DIY, Looks fairly inexpensive which is always a plus.


Love the look of this old fashioned hand pump. Practically screams cottage/ farmhouse garden!
http://urbangardencasual.com/2008/05/17/how-to-build-a-water-garden-and-wildlife-pond/
I love the look of stacked rock. I have access to all the free rock I want from our creek bed. This was DIY'ed for $150, awesome!
diy-waterfall-fountain.jpg
http://green.thefuntimesguide.com/2009/04/arbor_day_environmental_guy.php


They are all very different but I like them all for various  reasons. I am wondering if DIY will be the most effective? It would definitely allow me to have exactly what I envision. Now I have to  decide on which one. Anyone out their in blog-land have some good DIY water features they want to share?

2 comments:

  1. You found some great birdbaths. Found you via the linky hop and have become your newest follower. Hope you have a chance to visit and perhaps follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne

      Thank you for stopping by, commenting ad following! I am totally loving those little ceramic birds on your home page!

      Tonya

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!