Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day in Review

This year was a biggie wedding anniversary. 20 yrs! I wrote my hubbs a very public love letter here

Due to unforeseen circumstances (my hubbs experienced a recent back injury), we were not able to have any big shindig or celebration. I guess that is that whole for better for worse or sickness and in health clause in our marriage vows, haha. Just kidding. 

Our big excitement for the day was taking him to the doctor and going out to eat breakfast. The funniest part is when we sang Happy Anniversary to each other in the car, haha. We're nerds like that!

I did get a lovely bouquet of flowers from a roadside vendor

My mom made us a chocolate covered strawberries, a cake, some chocolate candies(um yeah those may have been eaten before I could get a picture, ahem)  and sent us a card.




How incredibly thoughtful was that?!

Me and the hubbs enjoyed a low key day, just spending time with one another and with minimal fanfare. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I am very appreciative of all the people who sent well wishes to us. But I am most thankful and appreciative for my big ole stoic hubbs.  I think we would  be lost without each other. (Him more than me, haha). 

Hope everyone had a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!