Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vintage Headboard




Technically it is a vintage (1930's-1940's) bed-frame (headboard, foot-board, side rails) including  a dresser and mirror. I am saving the foot-board and rails for another project. The dresser is currently employed as a work surface and storage in my kitchen. 

Here is the the very Plain Jane headboard which has been sitting in my garage for about a decade. I know it is shameful.
It's kinda dusty

And mirror which has some lovely detailing.
The mirror is just beginning to show some lovely patina on the glass
Close up of mirror detail

The nightstands I am using in the spare bedroom are white.  I could paint it white and call it a day. But feel like it needs...something. Some decorative applique? Stencil? Decoupage? Upholster?

Here are some inspirations
thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
flickr.com
Shabby chic vintage cottage full size bed
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91376111
shabbynest.blogspot.com
Queen Size Romantic Cottage/Shabby Chic Mosaic Headboard/ Footboard Reserved for Trelan
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80133441
edhenhome.blogspot.com/2010/07/cricut-love.html
PlEaSe Do NoT PuRcHaSe     Reserved Listing for Spazzie
http://www.etsy.com/listing/50411739


I kinda like them all! Suggestions? 


Shared on

I posted this on Hating Martha's Stinky Linky Party because 1) only 10 views 2) no comments. If this post were cheese. It would be Limburger. Pee-uh-yew! (Hold's nose)






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up this post on Stinky Linky Party...hope you get inspired on exactly what those pieces are screaming for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janel! I STILL haven't decided what to do with these yet. But hey they have already been waiting 10 years soooo...what's another week or couple of months!

      Tonya

      Delete
  2. I love the reasons you linked up! I featured this on You Stink tonight on Hating Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yahooo! I have never been so excited to be told I stink before! woot!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!