Monday, March 12, 2012

Funky and Frugal Finds #5

Welcome to Funky and Frugal Finds  Monday #5. 

I'm telling you the thrifting gods have forsaken me! I am having a terrible time finding stuff. And not to mention the last few times I have gone thrifting the customer service was HORRIBLE (as in downright rude)! I can't wait for yard-selling season. Well that and I am scouring neighboring counties for new thrifting spots.

I spend a little time at Half Price Books and more money than I wanted but I am very happy with my purchases!

Yes I am old school--I still play vinyl. I have a DVD player and a MP3 but I really love LP's.  And $1.99 for Foghat? These young kids don't get it...And yes I feel old sometimes when I am rifling through the piles of albums. All of these albums may have a little wear and tear on the jackets but the LP's are in  pristine condition. 



A funky little monkey-pod wood tray
Goodwill, $1.50
Look at the size of this awesome basket (ignore the mess in the background).  This is the perfect size for the lap blanket and my snuggie. Yes-I totally admit it--I broke down and bought a snuggie (on clearance for $7.50 and it has puppies on it). Me=Loser
Goodwill $6
Enamel on iron chicken roaster. No scratches, dents or dings. Just a smudge on the outside which came right off after being washed.
Goodwill $8
And matching Enamel on iron bean pot

Goodwill  $6
Well that's all I got! What about you? Any thrifty treasure you want to brag about?


2 comments:

  1. I love great bargains and it looks like you found some! It's so much fun to see what other people find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty, I love thrifting but it has been difficult to score some really good deals lately. Having said that, I ALWAYS find something to buy, haha!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!