Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sown and Harvest #6

Welcome to my Sunday post dedicated to all things garden, landscape, and plant related.

Weeding, poison oak and spiders, OH MY!

Weeding is in full swing yank. I cannot believe how quickly the weeds have established themselves. I seem to have a a nice thicket of poison oak which established itself in my big perennial  bed. I had to have the hubbs remove the 3 little patches since I am allergic.  Then the humongo spider I featured here has completely made itself at home in the bed with my rose and lavender. Should I be worried? It's kinda huge! Not sure if it is poisonous. All I know is it doesn't want to leave and I am wussie enough to respect that.
Wicked scary ((shudders))

I did a little shopping! New solar lights, flower boxes, a chaise lounge, a garden cart and pea gravel for potting shed floor. Not a bad haul.
I only stopped shopping because I ran out of room in the truck.
I can't wait to get a cushion for this, settle in with a good book and some iced tea (or maybe a wine cooler).
Black Wrought Iron Patio Chaise Lounge
I am gonna go very plain-jane and get a beige cushion. I know not very exciting. But it is what is in stock in the store. I am to impatient to order online and wait for it ...sheesh
Smith & Hawken® Outdoor Double Welt Chaise Lounge Cushion - Tan Woven.Opens in a new window

New solar lights! Every local store was out of stock for the crackle ones I wanted (boo). So I bought these. Practical and easily replaced if needed. These have a nice brushed nickel finish and are NOT plastic! Plus when they are lit up at night they cast a very cool "sunburst" pattern. Glad I bought them. (Except I didn't buy enough) Oh darn! (snaps fingers) Gee I have to go back to Home Depot. To shop. haha
Hampton Bay
6 bags of pea gravel  was put down on the previous garbage shed soon to be potting shed.  I think I need another 5 to 6 bags. The good news it no longer stinks since it has has the winter to air out. The bad news--it is still kinda creepy. Lots  of potential though. 

From this

To this

And I got a really awesome garden cart. Much easier to use than a wheelbarrow. It is rated for 250 lbs which is good, I can haul more rocks for the flower beds!

What's new in your yard and garden this week?

2 comments:

  1. bought some pansies..and ordered honeysuckle trees from qvc!!.would love one of those ames haulers you bought...on the list are new solar lights too..oh and I would love a fire pit!!
    new mail box going in on friday...time to spruce up the outside..stone veneer on the house too! busy busy spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin-Sorry I couldn't find the link to your blog! You have been very busy! The garden cart was $19.99 at Home Depot (normally $39.99). How could I NOT buy it?! I love fire pits! I would love to see pics and updates of your progress. Thank you so much for stopping by to comment!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!