Saturday, May 19, 2012

No pussy-footing around

So I decided to walk the garden and check the progress of all my plant babies. On my walk back to the garden I ended up with my garden buddy, Boy Meow-Meow.
Boy Meow-Meow

 It is kinda sweet  because my dog Gollie-gollie guru and my cat Kitty-BubbityBub used to be my garden buddies.  (None of my fur kids have normal names, lol) They would follow me around the yard and through the garden. sniffle I miss them so much! 

My Gollie-kins as an awkward puppy
Crazy ol Kitty Bub
So the strawberries are looking good. Flowering and a baby berry--YAY!

Tomatoes look good.

My Roma's are starting to flower!

Peppers are flowering
Anaheim pepper
Woot! A baby poblano
My Butternut squash is looking kinda puny.

My watermelon looks kinda flattened.

What the heck is going on? All the mounds I made for the squash, melon and cukes have been compressed.

HEY! One of my cukes is broken!

HMMMM...I wonder....

Could it be?...

GASP!!

NOOOOO!

BUSTED!!

Thanks a lot Benedict MeowMeow! Yes it is true! My Boy MeowMeow was the culprit. Don't let his handsome looks and charming demeanor be a guise for his nefarious plans.  He has been identified as potential threat. I shall be watching him closely!

2 comments:

  1. That is freakin adorable. Hey, at least he's not using it as a giant litter box. We had that problem with the raised beds at the house in the city, I had to put some temporary, albeit ugly, fencing up. Nice job on the garden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought my bubble captions captured his thoughts puurrrrfectly. It is really hard to know what thoughts are since in all subsequent conversations all he says is Meow. Haha

      We are lucky he doesn't potty in the garden beds. Although Kittybub was naughty and would do her business in my flower boxes. You know--the ones adjacent to a an open window...umm ewww!

      And I don't have to worry about other cats doing their stuff because Boy MeowMeow is very territorial and he runs the other cats off.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!