Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Can I get a do-over?

Hey y'all. I am having a bummer kind of day. A terrible Tuesday

 I went and took my math placement test since I am going back to school and  I kinda choked on it. UGH! I mean I took Calculus the first time I was in college. (Not saying I did well in it--but I passed it) I worked as a Chemist for 20+ yrs, so math was kinda required for that. I am embarrassed to say they want  me to take Algebra. Apparently in the state of Ohio any math class older than 2 yrs, you have to test and take a new class. Ummm, I wonder if they will let me re-test? To say I face-palmed would be an understatement.
I broke the corner of  of a mirror I was working on. I sure don't need 7 yrs bad luck. Not that I am superstitious or anything--(as I toss salt over my shoulder). I think it will be ok though because the frame covers the crack.

Then I went to the store and my wallet wan't in my purse!! (It had fallen out in the car...phew)

I got lily pollen on my favorite t-shirt and it won't wash out. I found a website that offers instructions on how to remove it--hope it works!

I managed to get thorns my hand when I was pulling weeds. It was two-fold. Prickles from prickly lettuce and rose thorns.

And something is wrong with AC on my car. Wonder if I will need to get a new one...

Seriously I need a do-over today!

8 comments:

  1. If you lived closer, I'd invite you over for a glass of homemade sangria. It would certainly help you forget about the bad stuff that happened today. Chin up, shoulders back, head held high, and eyes to the future, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! Sangria sounds yummy. In my passive-aggressive attempt to deal with everything--I took a nap. HA! See ya in the funny papers!

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day! My son felt that same way about his ACT test on Saturday. I never even took calculus in college at all so I'm sure algebra will be super easy. Hang in there! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I did ask if I could re-take it but that haven't responded yet. After I took my nap in protest (haha) I thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have an easy class.

      Delete
  3. Oh, my I'm sorry...ditto what Vicki said, if you lived closer, you could come over and we'd sit on the porch and stare at nothing over a glass of something with alcohol, ha.

    Hang in there, this too shall pass!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey FM--Thanks! Staring at nothing with a glass of alcohol containing stuff sounds nice!

      Delete
  4. Hey Tonya! I totally feel your pain. I know that math placement all too well. Mine however is to rank into a program. I took it 4 times just to get a decent score to submit my info to rank. Ugh! I find out this week. But yes, I did the wallet thing last week. Get this, I went to Wal-mart of all places, lost my phone and then realized I had no wallet. It was at home. Luckily a kind lady heard my frantic cries for my phone and said she had taken it to the service desk. Whew. Do Over I hear ya!!! Better day tomorrow, take a nap for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonya! I am really bummed about the math although it isn't the end of the world. I can still get into my program. The wallet thing scared the crapola outta me. Identity theft and and fraudulent charges flashed before my eyes! Glad all your stuff turned out ok. Fingers crossed on your results!!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!