Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dining table do-se-do

I think I either have some gypsy blood or some kind of OCD because I am always moving things around and just can't leave things alone. I am constantly editing, tweaking and CHANGING things. (IF ONLY I could do that to me and my tubby bum, haha)

This WAS my dining room

But I just wasn't feeling it. And I know the table doesn't look very big but the round shape actually wasn't working. I have a very small dining room and the table was smushed up against the closet so there was a decent path to get to the stairs. So I dug this very grungy table out of the garage.(I was surprised we still had it!) All it needed was some elbow grease--sanding, priming, painting and staining.

I couldn't find my gel stain. I am telling you my house and garage eats stuff. Either that or it is my ghost playing tricks on me.What you don't have a ghost? Well I will save this story for another time... Anyhoo I used what I had which was a can of Pecan colored deck and fence stain. I figure if it works for outside stuff  it will work on a dining table.

It isn't perfect. You can see the wear and tear on the edges. And I LUUURVVVE it! And surprisingly so does the Hubbs--who usually just rolls his eyes and mutters incoherently--or things not worth repeating--whenever I have a "project".

This table was my sister's from about 8 years ago. This is what it originally look liked.

And here it is gussied up and in my dining room.



I think it fits my space a lot better. I changed the mirror, changed my artwork to the Ray Eyerly Barn print, added the Pier 1 Grandmother clock (which I still need to hang on the wall) and I put new beach towels over my white denim chairs until I can find slipcovers I like (hey y'all-- I have a cat and 2 dogs). The placemats came from Kohl's clearance for $0.49 each. (My daughter found 2 at 1 store and I found 2 more at another--yay!) I also have 2 ladder back chairs my friend gave me (yay free!) which I am painting to match. Then I can actually have 4 people sit at the table, will miracles never cease? HAHA

So whatcha think?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE It, you have inspired me to do some furniture repurposing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FM! I'm telling you there isn't anything a little paint can't fix, haha. Can't wait to see your project!

      Delete
  2. Like the "new" table. It does fit the space much better and the barn print looks great on the wall! I want to hear the ghost story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah--Thanks. You know I am still kinda moving stuff around, haha. And yes I will tell my ghost story soon...

      Delete
  3. Great table makeover...and gives you so much more table top space. Im lovin the old victrola. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy. It is nice to walk through and not bump into the table. Do you think it would be sacrilegious to paint the Victrola cabinet? I feel it could be so much more...

      Delete
  4. I think you did a good job! It's perfect in that space.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!