Sunday, June 17, 2012

Relish the moment

I went back to The Jam and Jelly Lady Cannery  on Friday for a class on how to make/ can relishes.


Onion Relish

boy oh boy where my eyes burning from the chopped onions! 
Process your red peppers separately because they are softer (and would stain the onions pink)
So aromatic
Cooking away
Almost there
Everything smelled sooooo yummy.
Fill 'er up
Pretty little jars

Zucchini Relish

You can never have to many recipes for Zucchini

A little sweet
A little crunch
Some spices
Look at that color...guess which spice causes that beautiful color.
It looks even better in the jar
I love the texture and color
A quick appetizer


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those look so good! And it doesn't look that hard! Do you have recipes you can share??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sweet/hot combo relishes! They go great with the cream cheese. Maybe you could post the recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the serving suggestion. I have always wondered how I would use zucchini relish if I made it. Your onion relish looks tastier than one I made a year or so ago. I am always looking for ideas on how to serve up canned foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so great! I would love to see the recipes as well :-)

    Last weekend I made the same little cracker appetizer but used some Tomato Basil Jam on top of some cream cheese ;-) Delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not exaggerating when I say my mouth just watered! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!