Monday, July 23, 2012

Funky and Frugal Finds #12

Funky and Frugal Finds Monday #12


Welcome to Funky and Frugal Finds Monday! My daughter and I perused Goodwill on Sunday. The best part it was 50% off everything!  it was some slim pickin's  I didn't buy much but I am pleased with what I found! 

The awesome metal plant stand (?) came in at $4.00. I am gonna clean it up, paint it and I promised it to my daughter. Darn it!! She has the perfect location for this-- under the  entryway coat rack to corral some of her shoes- mostly her kazillion pairs Chuck Taylor's!

I loved this sweet little handmade picket fence box! This will find a home on my  vanity table. Rather charming for $1.50

This is my all time favorite!! A vintage step-"stool". It looks a tad worn but nothing a bit of elbow grease and some paint can't spiffy up! Not to mention I am a Shorty McShort-Short and can definitely make good use of it! Not bad for $5, eh?

7 comments:

  1. *Sigh* I suppose if you REALLY WANT the plant stand, you can have it. I guess you'll just have to buy me a new one from Ikea! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--no it will be perfect in your hallway but if you ever decide you don't want it...then I will take it

      Delete
  2. Nice finds-I really like that stepstool--my mom had one in flashy RED...it was gorgeous in her all-white kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no ideal what color I am going to paint it yet. It needs some TLC

      Delete
  3. Fun finds! I like the step stool best, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I love it. I can actually reach things. Without using the grill tongs, a curtain rid or calling for the hubbs to get stuff for me! haha

      Delete
  4. Those are some awesome finds!! This last weekend my mother, aunt and I went to a consignment store that just has the CUTEST stuff. So much is vintage and antiques and not expensive at all. I just wish I had more time for DIY projects. I do love your blog; so much that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. http://cautionrealitycheck.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!