Friday, August 31, 2012

A place to study

This past week was KUH-RAZE-EEEE!!

Monday I returned to college as a full time student (which I had talked about here)

I had hoped to have my office/ study area in the spare bedroom ready but the hubbs needs to update the electrical outlets to 3 prong receptacles for my computer and printer.

Bless his heart he did such a thoughtful thing. He did a little dumpster diving and was so proud to bring this GINORMOUS and MODERN desk home. Sooo yeah...it is very cool but doesn't fit both size wise and decoratively speaking. And not to mention I have a laptop not a desktop computer. oh well--Industrial modern desk anyone?


This is more what I had in mind. This empire style desk belonged to my grandma. It has made the rounds in the family before ending up back home with me. It is a little rough around the edges, but nothing a good sanding and some stain (or paint IF I have to)  can't take care of. It is the perfect size (small for my teeny little room), has a little bit of storage (my laptop just fits inside the middle drawer; the side drawers can hold the stapler, scissors and what not; and the cabinet compartment can hold folders and a couple of binders)



For now I am making due with  my ever versatile dining room table. I moved the buffet/island in front of the window and tucked the table against the wall and dividing book case. It actually looks really good!



And here is the room overall. I wasn't kidding when I said I had diminutive sized rooms! IF and WHEN we have company or decide to eat dinner at the table instead of the TV (yeah--we're THAT couple) I can easily clear the table off , move it around and bring in additional chairs if needed.


As far college classes are going....HELP ME! arggg! It is so much harder than the first time around. I am more organized but my brain just doesn't process as fast. And for those of you wondering here is the list of classes I am taking...

Anatomy and Physiology
Medical Terminology
Computer Concepts and Applications
Environmental Ethics
Interpersonal Communications

I hope I find my groove (and memory) soon!


9 comments:

  1. Well, best of luck to you. Smarty pants. And I say that in the best way. Wow-those courses look TOUGH. You're brave!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't feel like a smarty pants right now! I feel kinda slow and cumbersome. And yes these classes ARE tough. I sear when I was in college the first time Chemistry and Physics was a cake walk compared to these--ugh! I don't know about brave. It is more like survivalist. You never know what you are capable of until you HAVE to.

      Delete
  2. You definitely have your plate full with those classes. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the modern industrial desk. I would of taken it outside and beat it with a chain, poured some rust on and it and then lacquered it. LoL that is just me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the desk but honestly I just don't have room for it. Now if the hubbs were ever to build my fantasy office/ craft space in the garage attic it would be a perfect fit!

      Delete
  4. I wish you all the best with your new endeavor. Sounds like I'm not the only one experiencing a major change! I hope you'll keep us posted on how things are going. I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your desk and good luck with your schooling sounds like a lot of hard work and so worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is funny, because you are always posting something that sounds like my house! My husband would have done the same thing and been so proud! I am sitting in a dumpster dive desk chair right now! It is butt ugly, I really need to redo it, but it is so comfy! I do like the little desk you want to fix. It will look cute! I had went back to school a few years ago, and it was a big change, but you will get used to it! Good for you. Just make sure you eat well before school, and don't skip meals. Really helps, believe it or not. That looks like a pretty good full time load!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!