Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lessons from my garden

I needed a breather today from all the seriousness in my life right now. Just a minute to catch my breath and clear my my mind. 

Here's a quick update...
My dad is still hanging in there.
My mom is undergoing more procedures 
And surprisingly I am doing well in my classes (My class average is 2 A's and 3 B's)

The weather has been odd for this time of year for Ohio. Ok-- let me modify that by saying the entire spring, summer and NOW fall season has been odd for Ohio...We have had temps down in the 30's...the 30's!!..so much so I had to turn my furnace on already. Wonder what The Old Farmers Almanc has predicted for this winter?

Anyhoo, I decided to take a quick walk around the garden, jotted some notes in my journal because next weekend--weather be damned--I am doing a major overhaul of the perennial beds. I have the unenviable task of moving--well everything. The plants have overgrown their beds, some beds are aesthetically unbalanced and almost all of the plants need divided.

I  grabbed  my camera and took a walk. 

My roses are sputtering along and I captured these two lovely blooms.


I have absolutely no ideal what this is growing the flower pot!

The last lonely Zinnia, still standing tall.

Then I went past the Blue Liriope not paying much attention. Then a small movement caught my eye.

After my excursion-no matter how short-I found the tension had left my shoulders and I was smiling. 

And I think my garden gave me a great lesson..
1.  There is beauty all around us.
2. Sometimes life will give you surprises. 
3.Always stand tall
4. Take time to appreciate the little things.

Have a great rest of the week y'all!


1 comment:

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!