Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Funky and Frugal Finds #14

Welcome to Funky and Frugal Finds #14

Nothing funky, but definitely frugal!!

"Let's go Krogering" paid off in a big way for me--all because my neighbor called to give me the heads up on this AMAZING deal. Iced tea makers and Blenders were marked down to $2.48 each. Yes-- you read that correctly. TWO DOLLARS AND FORTY EIGHT CENTS each.  They were marked down from $24.98. That is a 99.3% savings...Yowza!!
So I picked up some for a few people and kept one of each for myself. The trunk of my car looked like some things "fell off the back of a truck" haha
So everybody's getting blenders for Xmas, haha--just kidding!

Next stop was the New2You thrift store, where I found this adorable, pint-sized folding chair for my niece Lele. The  price was $2.97 and there was a 25% store wide sale, so final price before taxes was $2.23.

 I am going to paint it and re-upholster the seat with a super cute print. 

How about  Rustoleum apple  green paint...

and  this fabric from Joann's?
http://www.joann.com/novelty-cotton-fabric-butterfly-glitter-pink/xprd581926/
Lele loves butterflies and I think she will love it!
My beautiful niece Lele
So what cool , funky or frugal items have you found and whatcha gonna do with them?

2 comments:

  1. Apple green it is!!!! The chair will be pretty and with that print. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks! I can't wait to finish for my niece.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!