Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gobble Gobble Y'all

Or as I like to call it --beginning of the eatin' season!

Can you believe it is just a little more than 4 days until Thanksgiving?

What are y'all planning?

We are going to my Mother-in-Law's house (which is typical for us) but this year the "boys" are gonna deep fry a turkey. Have you ever had deep fried turkey? I am not typically a fan of deep-fried foods but it is soooo good! YUM!!

The best part (besides eatin') is I don't have to get up with the chickens--or turkeys, haha-- and cook it. The only thing I need to cook (or buy) this year is a pumpkin pie!

Deep fried turkey is serious business! It can be extremely dangerous. According to the National Fire Protection Association--every year deep-fryer fires are responsible for five deaths, 60 injuries, the destruction of 900 homes, and more than $15-million in property damage!

You want this...
Not this...

So if you are gonna deep fry a turkey make sure you know what you are doing. SAFETY FIRST!! Because I would hate to find out some of y'all burnt your or your neighbors house down!

This is my FAVORITE video on how to deep fry a turkey--I mean who doesn't love Alton Brown?
Here is a great web tutorial

So if y'all don't want to end up with a Chinese Thanksgiving..

Follow all the safety guidelines for turkey deep frying and you can have your very own Norman Rockwell Turkey Day!


1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving is such a fun day for hubby and I.
    We're grilling shish kabobs (neither of us care for turkey) and afterwards, we're going hiking at a nearby nature preserve, then home for pie and coffee....a PERFECT day!
    I so look forward to this tradition. The only thing better is Christmas---we go for a ski, instead of a hike!
    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Tonya
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!