Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

A little thanksgiving humor to lighten the mood



Today was a somber occasion since my dad lost his fight against cancer yesterday. We took the day to reflect. Not just for my dad. But all those who are now gone from our lives. To be thankful for all the memories. To be thankful for the experience of  life--even of it doesn't turn out just so.
 To be thankful we have a a cozy little home to shelter us. To be  thankful for reliable transportation to take the hubbs to his job everyday. To be thankful we can afford food and don't know hunger. To be thankful for the love and companionship of family, friends, and our  beloved pets. 
To be thankful every single day because every day is a gift. To be thankful for love, to live, to learn and to do good.

No fancy meal needed for that!

We didn't have a traditional dinner today as the hubbs and I stayed home. 
We had Thanksgiving chili, haha 
We are going to have a holiday ham dinner tomorrow with our daughter and son-in-law. Sunday we will have traditional turkey (well deep fried) with the hubb's family.

So I hope y'all had a wonderful day! Even if it wasn't perfect, enjoy all the moments, make some memories, be joyous and be thankful!






1 comment:

  1. Oh Tonya,

    I had no idea. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    Bless you and yours. I'll keep you in my prayers the next few weeks. Holiday's are such a hard time anyway but when you lose a loved one it only makes it more difficult.

    You have to live through the next one & the year after that to finally get through it to truly enjoy the memeories they left you with.

    Prayers heading your way ...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!