Wednesday, November 21, 2012

One more star in the sky

Today my Dad earned his wings. He left this realm at 1:45 pm.

The night sky burns a little brighter with the addition of new star.

My dad fought a valiant fight against Stage 4 lung cancer. Although it was really his entire body was riddled with cancer. He had an incredible will and strength. He did everything on his terms.

The irony is not lost on me as November is National Lung Cancer Awareness. Be thankful for your family this holiday season and hold them close.





4 comments:

  1. Oh, dear Tonya-so very sad to hear this.
    Hugs to you. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this lovely tribute to your father. Your simple words let us know he was well loved while on this earth. I hope that I'll remember your words when this same time comes for me. Wishing you peace...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!