Saturday, December 1, 2012

"I DO" silk flower bouquets and you can too

My crafting hobby used to be making floral swags, wreaths and bouquets. Life became busy and there was no time for my hobby. And to be honest, there wasn't much money either. I never gave it much thought for a very, very long time.

This is a pretty easy hobby--All you need are a good pair of wire cutters, a pair of needle nose pliers, a hot glue gun, silk flowers, ribbon, floral wire picks, floral tape and some imagination.

Then in 2009 my daughter became engaged. And she wanted me to do her flowers for her 2010 wedding. We were planing a wedding on a budget after all. So I enlisted the help of one of my sisters. The  flowers turned out AMAZING!

Obviously the flowers don't show as real but they compliment her dress nicely.

 Close up of the bouquet

We bought bouquet clips and used all of the bouquets to decorate the bridal table.
Toss bouquet

So what does this have to do with the here and now?

Well my daughter's friend is getting married 12/12/12 and I am making her flowers.

Here's the dress
Lilac Satin dress

She went to Joann's and Michael's-bought, flowers, ribbon and some decorative accents. It has been a while (about 2 years) since I have made any floral arrangements.

We made the bouquet

The groom's boutonniere

And a hair clip for my daughter since she is her bridesmaid.

What do you think of our craftiness?




3 comments:

  1. Wow, your daughters flowers were beautiful and her friends are going to be nice too. You are talented. Show me how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful bouquets and vases.. Anything floral is beautiful.. Even the gifts.. I often gift flowers online.. They bring pleasure in lives..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. I like the lavender accents.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!