Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Swimming in Vinegar

Not in the literal sense of course because that would burn and be kinda stinky. And not to mention weird! No, I say I am swimming in vinegar because I have my very own picklepalooza going on here at MyCozyLittleFarmhouse.

I guess that is what happens when you pull in a harvest of  20 lbs of zucchini, 14 lbs of yellow squash and 10 lbs of cucumbers. Y'all my back is aching from the toting of the harvest baskets and eyes are burning from chopping all those dang onions. 


Time to get my pickle on...

Cucumber Bread and Butter


Zucchini Relish


Hot Squash Pickles

Dill pickles in process.

I will be glad when my house doesn't smell like vinegar!

What are YOU canning?



1 comment:

  1. I am canning hot peppers! My squash this season was a bust (sigh).
    Cheers to a great harvest!!!

    Velva

    P.S. I am your new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!