Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 1 of Kitchen Remodel: Temporary Kitchen Set-Up

What to do with all my stuff from the kitchen?

Not gonna lie my house is a DISASTER. I can't believe how much dust there is already. The entire 1st floor looks like hoarders meets save my renovation. I have boxes, totes and bags of stuff everywhere. I need to keep somethings accessible but out of the dogs paws (and mouths).  I closed access to the first floor bathroom/ laundry room and shoved some of the totes, boxes and bags in there for storage. I have stuff in the dining room. Stuff in the garage. Stuff in the hallway. It is day 1 and I am already freaking out over the stuff....




Alot of stuff ended up in my wacky willywonka dining room (aka puppy prison) with the roller coaster floors...Next, once the kitchen is finished this room...will...be...next!  We will use the portable island to hold the coffee maker, electric tea kettle and microwave, The cupboard part will hold our paper plates, disposable cups and plastic ware.  I am not normally a fan of disposable but I refuse...REFUSE...to be hunched over the bathtub doing a kazillion dishes for a month. I already wash dishes by hand but I gotta draw the line somewhere...

Before the temporary kitchen
After shoving all my crap in the dining room
I know it will be worth the upheaval and aggravation to say goodbye to the ugly, old kitchen and hello to a clean, functional and updated one.


My step-Dad making quick work of the demolition
I told the hubbs I was so excited and can't wait until the kitchen is finished. I can't stop grinning! The hubbs who has been grumbling for weeks about the project said,  "he was excited too and it was going to look real nice when it is done."  Such a sweet talker that man of mine, haha






8 comments:

  1. It's going to look (& function) great once finished. We lived like that for 6 months during our last renovation several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been dreaming of this for 13 years! It isn't my "dream" kitchen but you are correct it will look great and be so much more functional. I am going to be so antsy until it is finished and everything is in it's place.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that brings back some memories. Not good. But afterwards---JOY!
    Keep those happy thoughts. It will be worth it!
    (a nip from a bottle of sherry couldn't hurt either-LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need something stronger than sherry to get through this. I am thinking bourbon straight up, haha

      Delete
  3. I'm in the same mess. I haven't finished building my house yet, but I DO have everything that goes in it! I've commandeered 2 garages, 2 houses, and the barn! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness. I don't think my nerves could take building a house. Me and the hubbs barely survive the small reno projects. This will be our biggest project to date. Good luck on your house!

      Delete
  4. Wow you are going to be a whole new cooking fool when it's done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I KNOW and can't wait!! I swear I am already planning the meals when it is finished.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!