Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Choosing the cabinet hardware

...is like choosing from Baskin Robbins 31 flavors! I am so confused on the type of hardware I want for my cabinets. And now I want ice cream too...

Do I want knobs, handles or bin pulls? All metal in my chosen finish of satin nickel? Glass? Porcelain? A combination of styles and finishes? Then to make the decision process even more difficult you can add knob and handle backplates! Aaaacckkk!

Cabinet hardware is the jewelry of your kitchen,  which means my light fixture must be the tiara. I kinda like that! This is my light fixture from Progress Lighting,


I like the look of these knobs and bin pulls in this example kitchen.


I like these from Hardware House. In nickel, of course.



Or maybe porcelain and nickel?


Glass or Frosted glass (similar to my light fixture)?


Just metal, in drop handle or pull handle? Each of these handles have a corresponding (matching) knob.


Which are your favorites?


1 comment:

  1. I think you need to buy one of each--try them out on the cabinets, and return those that don't make the cut. Sometimes decisions can change once you see them ON the cabinets.
    Good luck!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!