Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What a Bargain!

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to pick a few items I need to take in for my work's pot luck dinner on Friday. I recently changed jobs (last Monday in fact) and was pretty much last on the list to sign up. So bring on the turkey gravy and cranberry sauce, haha

In my quest to buy several quarts of gravy, I realized I needed a way to heat and transport the gravy.  I have a really nice 5 quart crock pot, but no way was I hauling it to work.  Kroger (my local grocery store) had a 2.5 quart crockpot with an in-store sale sign of $14.88. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Except it wasn't --initially.


When I finished checking out the crockpot was listed as $19.99 on my receipt. Well that wasn't what the sign advertised! So off to the service desk I went to find out what happened. It turns out their sign was wrong, it was supposed  to be on sale for $19.99.  Except they honored the sale price based on the ScanRight guarantee.  I didn't  pay $19.99 plus tax...Nope...I didn't pay $14.88 plus tax...Nope.  I paid a whopping total of  $5.44-- which is the difference between the wrong sale price and right sale price (with tax). What. A. Bargain!!   And not to mention excellent customer service!!

So now I have a groovy new crockpot on the cheap and no one will suffer the agony of no gravy with their mashed potatoes at the pot luck Friday. And if they intentionally go without gravy, they were just cut from my list of potential friends. Because it's gravy...say it with me...GRAAVVYY!  Whoa...groovy gravy..is that even a thing? Is that even a legal thing?  I must have been breathing a few too many turkey gravy fumes. haha

WHat groovy bargains have you found recently?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!