All these other projects can be managed with me having a functional kitchen. For now, we ran a bead of caulk around the back edge of the counters. I have a few tiny places to fix on the walls from scuffs and gouges due to the counter top install. The hubbs asked me what I wanted hooked up first. The stove or the sink? I said sink. I am sick of washing dishes in the bathtub.
He has to demolish some plaster and lathe to make room for the new pipes. The plumbing came through the floor previously. The hubbs extended the pipes, came up and through the wall.
|My cabinets ARE level, I just took a crappy picture--sorry!|
- REPAIR THE EXTERIOR WALL FROM INSTALLING A SMALLER WINDOW--
IN PROGRESSOn hold due to budget and weather. This is now moved to Spring. Install sink (part of the counter top fabrication )DONE!! Plumbing!DONE!! Install garbage disposalDONE!!
- Paint and install the new entry door On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
Purchase door hardware-- DONE!!
- Install door hardware, including kick plate On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
- Add a peephole to the door since it is windowless On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
- Trim work (doors, the window, baseboards, crown molding and
cabinet toe molding)
- Purchase additional tile for back splash--expanded project (aka scope creep), now need to tile sink aside and food prep/ cook side On hold due to budget
Purchase shelves for open shelving storage between wall cabinet and pantry, as well as, above the sink.DONE!
- Install tile back splash On hold
- Install shelves
Install the refrigeratorDONE!
- Install the stove
Purchase end panel for dishwasher installation-- DONE!! Purchase and install a dishwasher--DONE! Purchaseand install cabinet hardware--IN PROGRESS Purchase ceiling medallion--DONE!
- Install the ceiling medallion and chandelier
Decide on window treatment--DONE!! Orderand SEW fabric for window valance/ curtains/ shade--IN PROGRESS Paint mobile island/ cart and p urchase/ DIY 1 or 2 kitchen stoolsSadly there will be no island or stools due to space constraints
- DIY some wall art
- Cook, bake and ENJOY the finished kitchen!