I have a corner that is looking pretty darn good. My beautiful Chicago Cutlery knives/ block and bamboo cutting board are not only functional but they look nice too! I have a command hook mounted on the side of the cabinet (above the knife block) to hang this cutting board when not in use, since it is rather large. I used the 5 lb heavy duty hook and it holding just fine.
This weekend the hardware goes in, the paint gets touched up and fingers crossed the center light fixture will be installed.
Oh Yeah, I almost forgot to mention but I am working on my DIY art project and it is sooo cute! It involves scrapbook paper and modge-podge. Here is a sneak peek of the patterns/ colors.
What are you working on?
To see the original list click here
- REPAIR THE EXTERIOR WALL FROM INSTALLING A SMALLER WINDOW--
IN PROGRESSOn hold due to budget and weather. This is now moved to Spring. Install sink (part of the counter top fabrication )DONE!! Plumbing!DONE!! Install garbage disposalDONE!!
- Paint and install the new entry door On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
Purchase door hardware-- DONE!!
- Install door hardware, including kick plate On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
- Add a peephole to the door since it is windowless On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
- Trim work (doors, the window, baseboards, crown molding and
cabinet toe molding)
- Purchase additional tile for back splash--expanded project (aka scope creep), now need to tile sink aside and food prep/ cook side On hold due to budget
Purchase shelves for open shelving storage between wall cabinet and pantry, as well as, above the sink.DONE!
- Install tile back splash On hold
Install shelvesDONE! Install the refrigeratorDONE! Install the stoveDONE! Purchase end panel for dishwasher installation-- DONE!! Purchase and install a dishwasher--DONE! Purchaseand install cabinet hardware--IN PROGRESS Purchase ceiling medallion--DONE!
- Install the
ceiling medallionand chandelier Decide on window treatment--DONE!! Orderand SEW fabric for window valance/ curtains/ shade--IN PROGRESS Paint mobile island/ cart and p urchase/ DIY 1 or 2 kitchen stoolsSadly there will be no island or bar stools due to space constraints
- DIY some wall art --IN PROGRESS
- Accessorize--IN PROGRESS
- Cook, bake and ENJOY the finished kitchen!