When I posted the last update on the kitchen remodel- I was waiting on the hubbs to install the stove. I wasn't home when the hubbs drilled through my floor and ran the line for the stove. My daughter harassed me into going shopping. I am pretty sure this was a diversionary tactic to control my neurotic impulses regarding this project. Either that or the hubbs bribed the kid to keep me away from making him crazy, haha!
|There is hole in my new vinyl flooring...sniffle|
Would it be weird if I hugged my stove?
My stove is oooollldddd! It was used when it became "new to us" 5 years ago. Based on the serial number/ id plate it was manufactured in 1998. We know we need to update it sooner vs. later because the storage drawer is rusting out, the enamel is chipped in a few spots and definitely shows it's age. Fortunately I have the hubbs to replace oven elements, terminal blocks, and stovetop burners to keep it going.
As you can see there is a black and white appliance mish mash. While I am not overly fond of it, the overall effect isn't horrible.
When the microwave needs to be replaced it will be changed to white. Also when we upgrade the stove, fridge and dishwasher those will be white as well. I know, I know--I am probably one of only a handful of people that doesn't like stainless steel appliances. But I do
This is what I hope to upgrade to by the end of 2015.
|Whirlpool White Ice Collection|
- REPAIR THE EXTERIOR WALL FROM INSTALLING A SMALLER WINDOW--
IN PROGRESSOn hold due to budget and weather. This is now moved to Spring. Install sink (part of the counter top fabrication )DONE!! Plumbing!DONE!! Install garbage disposalDONE!!
- Paint and install the new entry door On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
Purchase door hardware-- DONE!!
- Install door hardware, including kick plate On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
- Add a peephole to the door since it is windowless On hold due to weather. This is now moved to Spring.
- Trim work (doors, the window, baseboards, crown molding and
cabinet toe molding)
- Purchase additional tile for back splash--expanded project (aka scope creep), now need to tile sink aside and food prep/ cook side On hold due to budget
Purchase shelves for open shelving storage between wall cabinet and pantry, as well as, above the sink.DONE!
- Install tile back splash On hold
- Install shelves
Install the refrigeratorDONE! Install the stoveDONE! Purchase end panel for dishwasher installation-- DONE!! Purchase and install a dishwasher--DONE! Purchaseand install cabinet hardware--IN PROGRESS Purchase ceiling medallion--DONE!
- Install the ceiling medallion and chandelier
Decide on window treatment--DONE!! Orderand SEW fabric for window valance/ curtains/ shade--IN PROGRESS Paint mobile island/ cart and p urchase/ DIY 1 or 2 kitchen stoolsSadly there will be no island or bar stools due to space constraints
- DIY some wall art
- Cook, bake and ENJOY the finished kitchen!