Saturday, March 21, 2015

My Gumption has Got Up and Went

...and I am not sure it is coming back!

I really don't know why I can't seem to focus or stay on task. I am going through the motions of life--work, home, and errands but can't seem to manage beyond that. I have been having memory issues. As a person who doesn't lose things, in the last few weeks, I have managed to lose my social security card, my phone and my keys. Yesterday, I put the wrong dog on the leash and ended up chasing down my runner dog, Frazzle. sheesh  Maybe the forgetfulness can be attributed to the time change and subsequent lack of sleep?

According to my blog list I have 22 draft posts I have not completed. Which at least half of those were related projects I had begun...and not finished.

Was it living in the frozen tundra this winter that has affected  my ability to complete tasks? Not just projects-- but simple chores such as laundry, dishes and grocery shopping seem to require a herculean effort. My cousin and I spoke about this at great length today while at lunch. She too, said she had little desire for projects. We both agreed cooking, eating, reading and sleeping were high on the list of acceptable activities.  At least I am not alone in this struggle. As the weather improves, so will my mood and my interest in chores, projects and hobbies---or so I hope! Because goodness knows I really have quite a long list of tasks to accomplish. And it makes me tired just thinking about it!

I have managed to acquire few new trinkets for the house.

Mason Jar Salt and Pepper shakers
$3 for the pair
My new absolute all time favorite chatke--A Mason Jar flower pot! squeeeee! I am thinking an aloe plant for my kitchen. What do you think?
Purchased from The Jam & Jelly Lady Shoppe

And this lovely little electric tart warmer. It is by Vern Yip and has retailed on  HSN for $29.95. I found it local at Meijer Grocery store for $11.99. The best part is taking the wax tarts, cutting them in half to personalize your fragrance. Mine is currently half Iced Lemon and half Lavender--because it reminds me of Summer. 
I love the design it casts on the walls when powered on to melt the tarts.
That is all the gumption I can muster for today. What about you? Are you winter weary? Time change tired? Or ready to go-go-go? Do tell...


6 comments:

  1. Getting overly tired and not getting sleep makes me forgetful and apathetic. My interests become limited. I think you need sleep and summer skies. I read that the time change can affect people for weeks. You will get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PP. I certainly hope it improves because I am beginning to freak out a little bit about how out of sorts I feel!

      Delete
  2. I'm VERY tired of winter....but at least the sun has been shining lately and that helps.
    I don't have trouble with time changes, but what affects me is food issues. If I eat restaurant food, I become quite "disorientated"---hubby has the same problem. Probably all the MSG's for us. We're not used to it (and don't want to get used to it either-ha ha)
    Hope you get your "Get up and Go" back. Miss your posts.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I hope so. I miss the old me. I miss writing. I told my husband it almost feels like I am watching somebody else's life (like a movie) and am not a participant in my own :(

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the idea of cutting the tarts in half and mixing scents! That is a genius idea. What is the most challenging part of renovating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige. I would love to take credit for this genius idea, alas, it was my daughter's...and believe me-- I will NEVER hear the end of it, haha! Thank you for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!