Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pinspirations-Spinach Artichoke Cheese Dip Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Recipes similar to this one were showing in my home feed on Pinterest.The looked and sounded delicious, so I thought I would try it.

I decided to use what I had on hand. 

The chicken (2 packs for a total of 4 breasts) was just slightly on the frozen side, which made it nice to slice in half horizontally, reducing the thickness. I then used the meat mallet and pounded the breast's thinner.  I added a small amount of the defrosted dip, smeared it on the rinsed chicken. I then rolled up the chicken, jelly roll style. Go slow, don't overfill, otherwise the filling would ooze out. I secured the rolls with toothpicks. The last chicken breast I left whole, split, then added the dip filling.   Brush both sides of the the chicken rolls with oil, then liberally season with pepper, salt, garlic and onion powder.


These were placed on foil lined pan (with an extra spritz of oil) and bake at 400°F for 35-40 minutes
Here they are at 20 minutes and the filling is intact.


Finished baking. Remove the toothpicks (carefully) and let stand for 10-15 minutes.


A little better presentation.




Yum! The next time I make this--AND I WILL-- I think I would like to use fresh spinach, chopped canned artichokes, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, scallions and pepper jack cheese. Maybe dredge the roll in an egg wash, followed by a dunk in seasoned bread crumbs.

Or maybe a southwest style stuffed with peppers, onions, corn and black beans served on a bed of rice. 

I can think of all types of different fillings and stuffing. No more boring chicken ever!

Whatcha' think?




2 comments:

  1. Tonya, I did something Pinterest similar tonight but just w/cream cheese, mozarella & spices.But mine were wrapped in bacon so your's were MUCH healthier! And, yours look very delicious! I'll post about mine soon since I remembered to actually take a 'before eating' pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, those look amazing! And I agree with your version of it---nice fresh ingredients sound terrific.
    Hope all is well with you. Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!