Sunday, December 13, 2015

12 days until Christmas!

The last 2 Saturday's, my daughter has spent several hours at my house as we have worked on some Christmas crafts, baked cookies and strategized holiday preparations.

We made fabric covered ornaments


We baked plain chocolate chip, Toffee Pecan crisps and Oatmeal Cranberry Orange Macadamia with vanilla yogurt chip  cookies. 

My daughter dubbed it Cookiepocalypse 2015
To offset the sugar coma, I have made some healthy foods too. Some diabetic friendly oatmeal raisin mini bites (a breakfast cookie), Vegetable Beef soup, and Turkey Cottage pie.


Next weekend is our BIG Christmas cookie day as we make gingerbread, pfeffernusse and chocolate citrus bars. During the week I will be making Nutella Bourbon Balls, White Trash Candy, Cherry Brownie Bombs, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Christmas Crack and Butter Spritz Cookies.


I am pretty much finished with the Christmas shopping, although I have a few gifts to wrap. I have a few food gifts to make other than cookie tins which include baking some breads and a few "food in jars" gifts!

I did manage to buy a present for myself. I found this at Michael's. Normal price is $59.99. It was on sale for 70% off and with my $5 coupon, I snagged this for a mere $12.99. Woot woot! This will look great in my living room--now to find the perfect pictures...


I can't believe it 12 days until Christmas! We will celebrate Christmas with the kids on Christmas Day which we be a traditional ham dinner. Then on Saturday the 26th, we will have dinner with the hubb's family, by having a nice lasagna dinner. In some ways I feel kind of scroogish because we did not decorate outside, at all. Not to mention we had our windows open all weekend because the weather has been in the mid 60's.



The inside of the house is festive (well the living room, mostly).


How about y'all--are you ready? What are your plans?


1 comment:

  1. Its a wonderful time at your house! Looks like you have geared up and are ready to go! Enjoy.

    Merry Christmas.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!