Now to return to my house DIY dilemma. I have Twiggy sized dining room in a Mama Cass sized world..and if you don't don't know who Twiggy and Mamma Cass are I now hate you because on top of being
Speaking of old...Sunday was my birthday. The hubbs and I didn't do much of anything because of the icky weather. We stayed home made a pot of chili (which became chili mac tonight), watched movies and dug out the old board games to while away some time. Yes, some of these games are really old! We actually had fun and plan to spend more time "unplugging" from our techie-gadget habits then spend time on the more simple type entertainment--like board games and cards.
It really took a beating over the past year and half acting as a temporary kitchen and storage during construction. We have been making a point to eat our dinner together several times week in the dining room. The more time we spend in there, the more depressing it becomes. We need to spruce this room up--stat!
I really need to think but the function of this room. It is--of course-- where we take our meals, houses a fair amount of storage --including the overflow kitchen/ canning supplies-- it is the main entry into the house (first impressions!), is a pass through to the living room, kitchen and access to the upstairs and also acts as a makeshift office. That is a lot to consider.
Hopefully this room won't take long, since we are NOT doing a gut job on the room.
1. Paint the walls, no cost since I am using the leftover paint from the kitchen remodel.
2. Paint the ceiling, I will need to buy paint.
3. Repair the sloping floor, install underlayment and install vinyl flooring. Cost to be determined
4. Install new baseboards. Cost to be determined
5. Install new light fixture (which was FREE!)
6. Closet doors-custom build. I don't even want to think about this cost.
7. Creative storage and organize the closet for more efficient storage
8. Repurposed furniture project.
9. Re-upholster the 2 arm chairs and make/ purchase slipcovers for the parson's chairs.
10. Paint the table base or as much as I love this table, I think I need to revert to a more narrow table that better fits the space.
11. Accessorize--no cost since I will shop what is already in the house