Saturday, June 4, 2016

Mad Hatter Tea Party

“I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours.” 
― Lewis Carroll

Follow the arrows to the tea party. The sign was printed offline from a Google search and the frame was from the Dollar Tree. The tassel's were purchased at Target (Dollar Spot bins) and the glittery hearts was a 4 pack purchased from Old Time Pottery.

Which key? I have a "thing" for keys. Especially those which look old fashioned. I have amassed a collection over the years. Purchased from various locations (thrift stores, yard sales, Dollar stores and craft stores)

A glimpse of Wonderland. The door knobs were from Michael's and Old Time Pottery (as was the oversized hand mirror).

A few images printed offline (Thank You Google and Pinterest) and the mismatched gold frames are from my very organized hoard stash of decorative accessories totes.

Through the Looking Glass--The center mirror is an antique plaster of mirror with the most amazing smoked glass patina. The remaining mirrors were found at Goodwill and The Family Dollar store.

"It's Always Tea Time" using a variety of mismatched mugs. The mugs were monogrammed with each guest's initial(purchased from Old Time Pottery and Big Lot's). Continuing the wonky theme using mismatched dishes (purchased at my local Krogers), tablecloths (Target) and chairs (mine).

Teapots and other decorative accessories. Most of which I pulled from my hoard stash. I am an organized hoarder, haha

Not a white rabbit, but a cute wire rabbit from Target, and a nod to to the Queen of Hearts


I may have gone a little bonkers with the tissue pom-poms. Many of these were purchased at the dollar stores, Walmart, Target and even a couple I diy-ed.

Here is my favorite DIY-ed tissue pom. I flipped it over, stuck it in a vase and it looks like a giant polka dot flower. How very Alice in Wonderland, haha
Don't be late for the Wonky Photo Booth. The clocks are stopwatches instead of pocket watches and a little Andy Warholish, but I liked it. The canvas is from Old Time Pottery.  A variety of lanterns add to the festive feel.

Plenty of Wonky Photo props.The Cheshire grin was a super easy DIY. I printed the image found online, cardboard was cut to the shape, secured with tape and a bamboo skewer was used for the stick.

What's tea party without sweets?

And fun was had by all...

“IN THE END… We only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.” 
― Lewis Carroll


6/06/16 edited to correct grammar mistakes and expand descriptions on a few of the photos.



4 comments:

  1. I would have gobbled ALL the cupcakes--good thing I wasn't invited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue--I had a difficult time stopping myself from eating all of them, haha. Especially the mini one bite cupcakes. They were soooo good!

      Delete
  2. Cute ideas! Thanks for including us:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!