Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A 15 minute blingy project

I have been working on my nest aka my living room. I spent 4 hours the other night de-crappifying the room, re-organizing and moving some furniture around. Now it needed a little more personality, so I dug through my stash of decorating stuff.

What do you do with a cute little hand painted thrift store canvas this is a little rough around the edges and there is no money in the budget to pay for a frame?


Well the 1st thing I did was add a little scotch tape around the edges to stop the fraying because I was afraid using clear nail polish or superglue would hurt the painting.


Don't worry I am not rednecktifying this...
I dug through my stash of crap crafting stuff and brought out the leftover nail head trim.



Once I tapped all the nails into place it was ready to hang on the wall.



I wasn't kidding when I said 15 minutes. It took me longer to schlep upstairs, pull my craft junk out of the totes and write this post than it did to complete the trim work.

Personally I like it and it gives it some dimension. Not so much  as oomph as a little nudge, kinda like, "Hey there. I got a little sparkle, wink-wink."  Not to mention it was cheap because I already had the supplies. Even better...


1 comment:

  1. It looks great to me. If you were closer, I have bunches of frames that need to find a home. That picture is in the style of Thomas Cole, one of my favorite artists, founder of the Hudson River School.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cole

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!