Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blitzkrieg Kitchen Makeover


Remember I talked about my kitchen remodel HERE? Well it has been a year and finally, FINALLY we are moving forward with a severely scaled back version of what I had originally envisioned...siiighhh. I will be grateful for clean, efficient and some storage.

So the floor plan is staying the same (for now). Sometime in the future I reserve the right to have it the way I have been dreaming for the last 13 years. This is the mock- up of what it will look like. The narrow shelving will be used to store small kitchen appliances and pantry items. The majority of my stuff is in glass jars or containers. So hopefully everything will remain neat looking.



Everything is off the shelf from the local big box stores.
Flooring-Linoleum (Lowe's)
Counter top-Formica (Lowe's)
Cabinets-White laminated (Home Depot)
RTA shelves-IKEA

Congoleum vinyl floor in  Mocha, Wilson Art formica in Madura Gold

Home Depot Hampton Bay cabinets in satin white
IVAR 2 sections/shelves/cabinet IKEA Untreated solid pine is a durable natural material that can be painted, oiled or stained according to preference.
Ikea IVAR shelves

We are drywalling over the plaster since we don't have the time frame or budget to do a gut job. Since I am not purchasing appliances or moving plumbing we expect this project to fit our meager budget. The upside is we think we can complete this in 2 weeks.

So there you have it. I will keep y'all posted of our progress. Fingers crossed nothing goes awry!



3 comments:

  1. I read the suggestions you gave for the sink shelf on Two Men and a Farm. I want to make wooden raised beds. The last one rotten and was eaten by termites. I am going to put pvc pipe under the box to slow the termites. But, which of those products will deter water rot. Tung oil has been my thought, but then guys say not to use that. Will tung oil have a deleterious affect on food I grow? You seem to know lots about this. Sorry, this totally unrelated comment is right here, but it is. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Velva--I certainly hope so. Well I KNOW it will look better than it currently does. I am so anxious to complete this!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!