Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gaaaahhh!! He threw away my stuff!

OMG! Mr. CozyLittleFarmhouse cleaned the garage and in the process threw away some of my stuff. 

Stuff I talked about here. 

Important stuff. Like a vintage headboard, foot board  and side rails. 2 wood shelves. And I don't know what else is missing  because he MOVED everything !

I knew he had cleaned it out to make room to do some work. I noticed my stuff was "missing" when I went in the garage last night. At first I thought everything had just been re-arranged-- it was dark so I went back out today to look around and it is gone. All of it. I tried not to panic because he was at work all day. I thought perhaps he moved stuff up to the attic where I couldn't get to it. So I had to wait until he came home. And then I pounced on him. 

Me: "Where's my stuff?!"
Hubbs: "What stuff?"
Me: "Headboard, foot board, side rails, shelves..."
Hubbs (getting a panicked look on his face): "Um, I threw it away when I cleaned the garage"
Me:"WHAT????!!!!"
Hubbs: "Ummm, some of it was cracked. I didn't think it was any good"
Me: "OMG! I can't believe you did this! Did it not occur to you to ASK me?"
Hubbs: "You weren't here"
Me: "So you wait for me to leave and throw away all my stuff?"
Hubbs: "No! Sorry?"
Me: "ARRRGGGGGGGGGHH!!!!@#$%^*@#$%^"



So yeah, very , Very, VERY upset! And we can't retrieve any of it because it was in the compactor dumpster at his work. My projects are taking a deep sleep in a landfill somewhere.

I told him to never EVER touch any of my @#$%!*$ stuff again without talking to me!

I know it didn't look like much to him but it looked like treasure to me.

He said I am over reacting. HA! How would he feel if I had done that to him?

Not such a My Cozy Little Farmhouse type day.  



10 comments:

  1. Oh my! Where is he now sleeping? Justin now just grumbles about my 'aquired' stuff. He does mention throwing something out when it's in his way. As long as I can hear him (he has a tendency to 'talk to a wall') I say my peace. Which is usually, I'll move it to another place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--He is in our room because he is to tall to fit on the couch or the spare room bed. I am couch surfing anyways because of the new puppy (no way I can make it down my stairs fast enough with a 9 week old puppy with a little bladder without falling and breaking my neck. URGH!! I am SO SO mad at him!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Tonya! I'm soo sorry! Men just don't "get" our correct ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea where "correct" came from! I hate autocorrect!

      Delete
    2. No they don't usually. The hubbs has absolutely NO vision for anything. The bed frame was 1940-ish. Yes there were some cracks but nothing I couldn't fix or re-purpose...siiiiggghhh

      Delete
  3. Oh my. Hmm. Me thinks things will be tense around the no so cozy little farmhouse for a bit. If it's any ray of light, you KNOW he's learned his lesson now. Hopefully that's a worry you won't ever have again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes well I hope so. I am calm now...well mostly calm...well more calm than I was before...lol

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. So sorry! And poor Mr. Cozy Farmhouse--I think he probably feels pretty bad at this point too. Well, I'm sure --Lesson Learned. I know I've made it HUGELY clear to my mister he better NEVER throw away ANY of my stuff .....EVER. Men!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel, my late husband did not have the sentimental feelings for my old stuff he called junk. We had a few battles too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon situation among couples. After a few very heated arguments, Rich and I came to an agreement...he throws away HIS stuff, I throw away MY stuff and we keep our hands off of each other's stuff. We discuss OUR stuff before getting rid of it. Maybe you should put a sign on your stuff that you think Wally might want to get rid of with your intentions stated on it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!