Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Procrastinators Anonymous

Ugh! What is wrong with me? I have no motivation. I need to paint my stairwell. Have I done it? No-sir-reee Bob! I grumble about it. I look at the crumbling plaster, faded icky walls and I THINK about it but I do nothing. Well I did take down the bunny rabbit pegboard. That counts as something. Right?

Same goes for the eyesore of a closet in the spare room. I desperately need to find/ fabricate some kind of covering. But there it sits. Ugly and junky. 

Oh yeah, our bedroom with the peeling paint. Anything but restful that's for sure.

I have a KAZILLION things waiting to be re-purposed in the garage. A half finished wall art project. A bird feeder I was making. The vintage bed frame I was supposed to paint.

And the garage attic needs cleaned. Desperately.

I need to pull weeds.

Install my clothesline.
Martha Stewart

Meet with the kitchen planner to discuss our impending kitchen remodel.
web source

And here I sit in front of the laptop thinking I sure would like to take a nap. (Well that and mindlessly nomming on a bag of Honey Mustard and Onion pretzel pieces, chocolate sunflower seeds and slugging back diet green tea like  there is no tomorrow.) But if I do that the house won't clean itself. (And by cleaning I mean I put laundry in the dryer and am soaking the dishes)  The self cleaning house would be a really great  invention right about now.

I swear if you looked up the word procrastination right now there would be a picture of me. I need a 12 step program for procrastinating. Maybe 6 steps. 12 seems like a lot of steps. Besides I will do that later. Right now I am gonna take a few steps over to the couch and take a nap...IF I can get the dogs to move over...


10 comments:

  1. Ahhhaaa! It's in the water I think. Not sure we share the same water but its something. I find myself just dreaming about my projects because napping sounds so much better than doing them. I'm plopped on the couch as we speak. No worries, I'm convinced its a "phase" like children go through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so much dreamin', wishin', hopin' and fantasizing about the *SOMEDAY* when my everything is finished. I need to get off my butt and accomplish something! I need to get out of the phase fast!!

      Delete
  2. If you do find that 12 (or 6) step program for procrastination, let me know. I need it too! I just tell myself (and my family) that I haven't started stuff yet because "I'm planning...it takes time for perfection", haha. And naps help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I'm right there with you. I dream and plan and try to do but sometimes it just seems so overwhelming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I have anxiety. I get so overwhelmed and then do nothing. ugh!

      Delete
  4. I can so relate! So many ideas, so little time. I have a fireplace wall that we mounted our tv to that I still need to paint 1 1/2 years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--I know what you mean. I have NOTEBOOKS filled with ideals and yet...

      Delete
  5. I'm sitting here hopping around instead of writing. I've put ant killer out in the yard, instead of writing. I've gone walking, instead of writing. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm a long time follower of yours. Nice catching up, instead of writing. Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. How can one not procrastinate when it so pretty outside? Or if it is raining? Or if there is a marathon of Golden Girls on TV? hehehe

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!