Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 recap

2011 is almost on the books as done-so, finito, and c'ya! So WHAT exactly did I do in 2011?...hmmmm


January
Lots o' birthdays including mine
Recovered from my daughters December wedding
Whacked 12 inches off my hair for Locks for Love
Dug out from the snow

February
19th wedding anniversary
Dug out from the snow
Water connections made for upstairs bathroom
Lamented the closing of Borders bookstore

March
Ordered about a kazillion seeds from some of my favorite online nurseries
Dug out from the snow
Watched the news coverage in horror at the Japan earthquake/ Tsunami
Braved the cold and did some much needed garden clean up
Celebrated our son-in-law's birthday

April
Set up my cold frame in the garden
Set up my mini portable greenhouse
Started my seedlings
Cleaned up the garden on the 2 days between wintery mix and rain
Muttered and cursed about my taxes
Celebrated the Hubb's birthday
Attended the Spring garden fair and ended up wind burnt and chapped
Seriously thought of building an ark due to torrential rains
Formally changed the name of my back yard to Dog-Doo Swamp
Lamented my never ending bathroom remodel (Installed bathtub)

May
Really wished I would have had an ark  because it was still raining
Watched my back garden wash out
STILL working on the bathroom (drywall and backer board installed)
Celebrated my daughter's Birthday
Added 2 new pets to my animal menagerie (Guinea Pigs)

June
Garden
Garden
Garden
Yep still working on the bathroom
Bathroom walls taped, mudded and skim coated
Bathroom floor tiled

July
Garden
Weeds
Bugs
Hot! (and the central air died)
New central air ($$$)
I hate this bathroom remodel
FINALLY found a bathroom vanity that would fit!

August
Garden--doomed
Weeds everywhere
To hot to care
Bathtub surround tiled
Massive Ikea shopping trip (woo-hoo!)

September
9/11 (in our hearts forever)
RIP my little Elby cat
Painted dressing room
Built drawers and racks for dressing room
Apple festival

October
New Kitty!
Painted the living room (including crown molding)
Painted the (now) spare bedroom
Carpet installed in both bedrooms and living room
Painted the bathroom ceiling and walls
Installed bathroom lighting fixture
Toilet and vanity installed

November
Still trying to reorganize all the furniture and crap from the carpet install
Fired up my blog!
FULL on Christmas shopping
Commence the eating season
Thanksgiving!

December
Eating
Shopping
Christmas!
Eating
Blogging
Eating
Made a list of things to do for 2012 --put a fork in 2011 'cause 2012 is done!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!