Sunday, January 8, 2012

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...



Well, as regular as things can be, I suppose. I am settling in to the reality of no longer having a permanent job. Although every morning I am awake the same time as I did when I had my job. Granted, it has only been a week. No sleeping  until noon, yet! I peruse the job boards daily and have applied for a few online postings. We'll see how things shake out.  I keep hoping for the epiphany that shows me what I am supposed to do with the rest of my life, haha.

The good news,  I have purchased some very nice paper for my resume. While I am not keen on being unemployed, I have to admit this is my favorite part of the employment search. I love the feel and look of fine cotton resume paper. I am a little majorly nerdy like that!  I purchased 100% cotton, 32 lb, watermarked Ivory. It feels like new money (and I guess in some manner of speaking that is an accurate statement!)  


I have been hard at work around my house, tackling all the projects I never seemed to have time to complete when I was working full-time. It has primarily been cleaning closets and de-cluttering. I cannot believe how much stuff we have! I already have a carload of  donations to take to Goodwill. Now the trick will be to drop off the donations and NOT go in the store and buy things. Or stop at any of the other 10 local thrift stores. Um, yeah....

Speaking of de-cluttering, the last vestiges of Christmas were finally packed away in totes. The hubbs hauled everything down to the creepy dungeon cellar for me. Someday when ALL the other projects are finished I will work some magic on this space.

I told you it was creepy!
 I didn't have the heart to tell him he will need to bring everything back up in a few weeks. I plan or re-organizing and inventorying all of my Christmas stuff. I currently have 12 totes (in various sizes) of only Christmas related items. I plan on purging some things we don't use and cataloging the rest. All the containers will be assigned a number (recorded on a master list) and when I need something all I have to tell him is bring me container # whatever. No more digging through each tote to figure out what we are looking for. I love organization!

I must say my house feels a bit empty with all the Christmas decor gone. Albeit is good to have a slightly more spacious feel. Well- as spacious as 985 square feet can be, haha. 

So what does the regular day entail for you now that the holidays are over?

2 comments:

  1. You hit it dead on--the house feels barren without all the decorations.
    Now that Christmas is done, the days are blissfully MINE! Hooray!! Painting, piano practise, reading, planning the garden, sewing, and lots of baking. I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't put up alot, we are a small family, ha, and since the farm isn't remotely finished, we didn't decorate there. But we did put the stuff we took out, back into storage and the house does seem a bit barren (albeit, as you said, bigger). Now I can start planning the garden, well of course BUILDING it first, and then planning it. I'm looking forward to that most of all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!