Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crack head

I should start this post by saying crack is whack....hahaha gotta love the bad catch phrases from the 90's! I have new obsession! (Okay--apparently I have lots of  obsessions!)   This is the song that plays in my head when I zone in on one of my new faves. Yeah-- I should probably seek professional help...


My NEW fave thing is...CRACKLE GLASS! I know right?!  I don't know what it is about crackle glass that makes me drool like a dog staring at big ole juicy t-bone. (I'm hungry while writing this post, ha!)

I was junking at one of my favorite cheap-o haunts and I scored this...

Crackle glass candle holder
It was 50% off so I only paid $1.50! I am not crazy about the gold finish so I painted it using a  combination of the ORB (Oil Rubbed Bronze for those not in the know) and  a quick spritz of hammered copper  to give it a little more dimension.

It took me about 20 minutes to prep. I taped over all of the glass and shoved newspaper inside the lantern in case any paint sprayed inside the slots.



I can't wait for the paint to dry so I can put a candle in it!  Stayed tuned for the final picture!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!