Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The one where I give myself a concussion

I have said it before and I will say it again. I am a walking, talking disaster. How I have managed to not kill or at the very least maim myself I will  never know. Although I came pretty close this time. While in the garage cleaning I managed to kabong myself on the head with an iron plant holder.

This is the offending weapon

The re-enactment
I think I actually dented my head. OMG it hurts! My hubbs said "look--you bent the stake on your plant holder. See-you do have a hard head."  He is such an asshat! And I am pretty sure the stake was already bent on it. I think so...maybe...

The good news is this side of the garage went from this

To this

At least some progress was made before I caused irreparable brain damage to myself. When I can actually chew and raise my eyebrows without my head hurting, then I will resume work on the garage . Until then I am sitting in my recliner with an ice pack on my head and double vision. And no I am not listening to Foreigner. I really have wonked out vision. I hate being short. And clumsy. And having a bruisy goose egged noggin.

In my next life I want to be tall. And not clumsy.  (And while I am at it-- thin, rich and gorgeous isn't to much to ask for, right?)

10 comments:

  1. Talk about funny stories...Love the illustration. I LOLed and my daughter asked what I was laughing about.
    The sacrifices we make for our homes!

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon--You know the old adage..."It's only funny until someone gets hurt. The it's hilarious!" It has taken me a bit to recover but I can appreciate the humor in this...even if it does hurt when I laugh. And I thought we only suffered for beauty--not our houses?! HAHA Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better. I thought I commented last night but not sure where it went. I checked off "learned something" because I learned I need to be careful! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st Man--I am ok with being the "example". It happens a lot. To much in fact. LOL

      Delete
  3. Your garage looks so neat and organized! Hope your head feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Oh it is no where near organized (just one little corner)! But thank you. I am working on it, much to the hubbs chagrin, haha. I am finally feeling better. I still have a very slight headache. And I can chew without my head hurting. It still hurts when I raise my eyebrows. HAHA I really DID knock myself for a loop!

      Delete
  4. I love your sense of humor! I am following your cute blog! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patsy! Thank you for visiting, commenting and following. I am glad you appreciate my humor (my daughter tells me I'm a dork all the time) haha!

      Delete
  5. Ouch!!! It's good to know I'm not the only super klutz out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Snarky! Glad you paid a visit and commented. Sadly I am a super clutz. Maybe uber clutz. Every single day I manage to harm myself in some way. And yet I work with power tools. And sharp stuff. I just know one day I am gonna end up being called stubby or gimpy because of my super klutz fiasco's!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!