Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stinkin' it Up


source












Normally I am quite sensitive to the fact someone told me I stink. Stank. Stunk. Whatever. It may have to do with the stinky pants girl episode. I think I still need therapy to deal with that one. No- I really don't want to talk about it. No....NO...NOOOO...Really?! You just are not gonna leave me alone until I tell you.. Fine.  It is soooo very embarrassing. Lean in a little closer while I whisper what happened....

In the not so distant past (see you thought this was a tortured childhood story--sadly--no) there was the VERY unfortunate incident that occurred while I was at work. I was attending a class and on my break I went outside to get some air. That and because I lose my mind doing the whole touchy feel-y corporate class crap. Well that was a poor choice of word.

Anyway it happened to have been a very nice day. Although the preceding days had been rainy. I sat down on the curb of the side walk and was texting friends. Biding my time until I had to return to my class. As I was walking in I caught a whiff of something...off. I checked my shoes...nope. Kept walking. I still smell...something...

Finally someone comes up to tell me there is something on the back of my pants. I go to the ladies room to look. I get some paper towels to start wiping off my pants. I thought maybe it was dirt. Or mud. Ummmm no. It was boot scrape poop. I sat in crap !!! OMG!!! I was mortified!  I had CRAP on the ass of pants. While I was at work. I was...STINKY PANTS GIRL...GAHHHHH!   True Story....FML!
So you see WHY I might take offense at someone telling me I stink. Stank. Stunk. Whatever. Anyhoo, I make an exception because I was called out by Janel at Hating Martha. It's true. I voluntarily stunk up the blog-o-sphere with less than interesting post on my Vintage Headboard.  The post initially only garnered 10 views (which was probably all my family--bless their hearts!) and no comments. As in zilch. Zip. Nada, Goose egg.

Insert the the EPIC FAIL (wah wah wah) sound here.

Even worse than the post being an epic fail, is ME being the epic fail. As in I AM the procrastinator from hell. I have had the headboard and mirror for a decade...maybe more. I kept saying I was gonna do something with it AAAAANNNNDDDD never did.

So what. Guess I am a stinking loser. OR maybe--this is Winning. (sorry couldn't resist a little Charlie Sheen humor) ha ha

They say road to hell is paved with good intentions. If that is true then portal to hell is in my garage

Maybe I need to install a sign in front of my garage.

I wonder if the neighbors would approve?

ALLLL  that stuff  I said I was gonna do something with SOMEDAY?  Guess my someday is here. And I am totally gonna make the headboard and mirror awesome. (As for the other stuff--meh, I'll get to it--eventually) 


No go away while I wallow in my own stink


5 comments:

  1. Sandra Sullivan MillerMarch 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

    you go girl we all have the would of should of projects setting around also so we all feel you pain...or smell .....or whatever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! So far I managed to dust the headboard off and clean the mirror. That counts as progress. ...right?

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! I have laughed and laughed over this post! The way you described your stinky pants incident at work is a scream! I shared it with my 18 yr old son and had him laughing too. Then your portal to hell sign had me laughing. I am going to have to go check out some more of your posts! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, unfortunately I can't make this stuff up! I am a walking, talking disaster. I do have a good sense of humor and get over my incidents....eventually!

      Delete
    2. And if you are looking for funny check out

      The Self Esteem Post (March 2012)

      The Fatted Calf (Jan 2012)

      Merry Fatmas (Dec 2011)

      Do You Smell Popcorn (August 2009)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love feedback on what you like-(what you do not) and any stories or anecdotes you would like to share! Please know that while I may not be able to reply right away, that I do read every single comment and will respond as soon as I can!

Now chime in!