a) The cost of paint
b) Picking a color
c) The prep work
d) Waiting for the paint to dry
e) Clean up
f) Not wanting to hang things on freshly painted walls
g) All of the above
After the kitchen renovation, all the other rooms look... kinda cruddy. So it was time to roll up our collective sleeves and get busy.
GOODBYE moody Smoked Oyster walls, HELLO Straw Basket (even though it looks off white in this picture it is a creamy pale yellow).
|I hated the paneling when we moved it. I hate painting it with almost the same fervor.|
|The Guilty Party|
|95 inch Curtain panels-IKEA|
- Floor repair- should we level or or build a platform?
- Finish flooring
- Install trim work
- Install molding
- Install new window--personally I would like to eliminate the window since it opens to the carport. That would require re-doing the whole wall-frame, insulate, sheet rock or paneling, repaint and not to mention the exterior work.
- Purchase and install a new exterior door--unless I could have my porch conversion!
- Update the outlets
- Move the thermostat and replace with programmable thermostat,
- Install new light fixture,
- Build and install closet doors
- Clean, organize and reconfigure the storage closet--In progress
- Dresser project
- paint EVERYTHING--In progress