
Welcome to Foodie Frugal Friday #2! Fridays are my "day off" from my blog. Every Friday I will feature some recipes from across the web and blog-land.
Grab your sunscreen, your sunglasses and throwback the convertible because we are gonna head for the border with some recipes guaranteed to warm things up! 'Cause we don't need no stinkin' winter.. It's a Cinco de Mayo Friday in February!
I can't believe I AM actually showing this picture!! My 30th bday which was ummmm...a LONG time ago--(oh man 15 yrs ago). My point being I have always loved hispanic inspired food. Ole! (And for pun purposes- Olay!--because at the time I was employed by Procter and Gamble--who makes Oil of Olay)
Whether you vegetarian or not here is a meatless option with vegetarian tacos. Don't those look muy delicioso? (Haha, sorry that's the extent of my Spanish!) If you are are really pressed for time you can substitute a frozen bag of the southwest vegetable blend mix (Bird's Eye brand is one that I use)
| http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Soft-Vegetable-Tacos |
| Southwest chicken wraps are tasty and good for you by using lettuce instead of tortillas (Bad Carbs!) After all, swimsuit season is only 4 short months away. YIKES!! |
| http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/southwest-chicken-wraps |
Caldo de Res is Mexican Beef Soup. A hearty and satisfying soup that is NOT crazy calorie laden.
| http://allrecipes.com/recipe/caldo-de-res-mexican-beef-soup/ |
Southwest Pork Stir Fry, quick, easy and lots of protein. Yum!
| http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/southwest-pork-and-black-bean-stir-fry/1107b62b-3006-47ff-8aa3-29aad2f7594c/ |
| http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/arroz-con-leche-recipe/index.html |
| http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/07/spicy-grapefruit-margarita |
What is great about all these dishes is the bulk of it can be prepared ahead, packaged and frozen. (Margarita ice cubes?) (Probably NOT the rice pudding) You can have a hot, tasty meal in a matter of minutes.
Enjoy and Happy Friday!!
That Mexican Beef Soup looks so delish! My husband could eat Mexican breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
ReplyDeleteI am following you. I found you through the linky blog hop.
Hi Angie!
DeleteThanks for hopping over, commenting and following via Linky!
Tonya